“National Punctuation Day” is having its annual Photo Contest: deadline = 10/31/17
Yesterday (Sunday, 9/24/17) was National Punctuation Day HAPPY NATIONAL #PUNCTUATIONDAY!
In this post is info from its founder, Jeff Rubin, about this year’s #PHOTOCONTEST!
“This year we celebrate the day with a punctuation photo contest.”
As a reminder, I am an ace proofreader and offer “Last Pass” proofreading services, for those who are wondering if the proofreading you already paid for/did is sufficient (take my word for it: it’s not). https://sallyember.com/last-pass-proofreading-available/ for more information, rates and guarantees.
Here are the rules:
PREPARING THE PHOTOS
- Take three photos of incorrectly punctuated signage (stores, billboards, businesses, road signs, public transit, etc.), each showing a different punctuation error.
- Name the punctuation error(s) in each photo (there may be multiple errors, as seen in some of the examples attached).
- One entry of three photos per person.
- You must be in the photos. (see me in the “Member’s Testimonials” photo attached.) Selfies are OK. Photos with Photoshopped heads will be disqualified.
- Each photo must contain a caption, which will be considered when judging your entry. Be creative.
- Photos must be submitted in .JPG format and be no more than 2 MB each.
- The file name for your photos must include your last name in CAPS. For example: RUBIN photo #1.jpg, RUBIN photo #2.jpg, etc.
SUBMITTING THE PHOTOS
- Send your submission to jeff@NationalPunctuationDay.com.
- In the e-mail subject header write: NPD PHOTO CONTEST.
- Include your name, address, and location of the photos (city and state).
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS OCTOBER 31
1517 Buckeye Court
Pinole, CA 94564
(510) 724-9507, office
You must be logged in to post a comment.