SHARE! EXPERIENCED #editor #proofreader available for quick-turn around jobs, any size/length, from blurbs/web content to full-length manuscripts. Will work during Holidays (don’t celebrate them, myself!).
image from http://www.kameronhurley.com
In a very crowded field, populated with scam artists and incompetent or inadequate editors/ proofreaders, whom do you select and how do you know if you’re correct to choose that person to work with you on your precious writing?
As a published nonfiction and ebooks fiction author with many years of teaching English/Language Arts behind me, many books I’ve edited/co-written/ghostwritten and many articles, short stories, poems and scripts as well, plus my own website and frequent blog posts, I have work you can see.
YOU can decide if you want to hire me by checking my published and printed writing.
[NOTE: If you are going to read my sci-fi/romance ebooks in The Spanners Series (Vol I, This Changes Everything, is free) to see how well I edit, you should know that I wrote those deliberately in the present tense to make a plot point, not because I don’t know how to use verb tenses.]
I can help you learn more about how to write better by discussing the reasons/foundations for the edits and corrections I provide
OR just provide proofreading/copy editing with no conversation:
With my experience and academic background, I can edit/proofread:
- fiction, most genres and any length
- nonfiction, any length, including marketing materials and manuals for many purposes
- academic or professional White Papers in education and social sciences
- articles and essays on most topics
- literature reviews and dissertations or other graduate theses/writing in education and social sciences, using APA Style formatting
Maybe you already have an editor/proofreader you’ve used before, but reviewers or readers have complained about typos, mistakes and other problems. I can be the professional editing consultant who assesses your previous work and then honestly tells you if someone you’ve hired in the past is worth hiring again.
Editing consultations cost a lot less than paying a bad editor/proofreader for sloppy work and then having to pay someone else to do it AGAIN, not to mention dealing with the upsetting delays.
I offer great rates (negotiable; see below), quick and reliable service.
Work online via email, Google docs or Drop Box.
image from http://soopllc.com
- assess your project by discussing and reviewing the written piece with you in advance
- provide an written rate and completion time estimate
- fulfill that estimate on time or early
- check in with you before proceeding to next phase or adding costs
- not flatter or mislead you
- give you honest, credible, useful feedback
- be professional, clear and accurate with my written recommendations/corrections
We can SKYPE or use Google Hangouts/Chat to discuss or go over edits. We can make the experience more of a tutorial, if desired (different rates for tutoring).
Pay via PayPal within 14 days of completion of first project.
$50/hour for proofreading (minimal) to $125/hour for extensive editing/rewriting and/or tutoring.
OR $10/250-wd page for proofreading to $25/250-wd page for extensive rewriting
minimum of $50/web content or Book BLURB.
15% discount if paid within 24 hours of submission of completed work.
20% discounts for #NaNoWriMo #authors.
10% discount for returning customers.
10% discount for referrals that turn into customers for repeat customers.
DISCOUNTS MAY BE COMBINED!
Sense of humor and compassion: no charge.
Share this: CounterSocial
You must be logged in to post a comment.