BookMarketingBuzzBlog‘s post: Happy Thanksgiving Day, Books!
Posted: 26 Nov 2014 10:45 AM PST
Brian Feinblum posted this on his site, Book Marketing Buzz Blog, which I highly recommend that you subscribe to if you are an #author.
Brian’s blog is “A unique blog dedicated to covering the worlds of book publishing and the news media, revealing creative ideas, practical strategies, interesting stories, and provocative opinions. Along the way, discover savvy but entertaining insights on book marketing, public relations, branding, and advertising from a veteran of two decades in the industry of book publishing publicity and marketing.”
image from http://sentidodelamaravilla.blogspot.com
I link to the full post here and quote a bit of it. Thanks, Brian!
Brian offered his own intro, then asked: “How can we spread the word about the power of books?”
Here are some of his answers. Read his post for the entire, excellent list.
· Start by gifting [books] this holiday season.
· Read more books
· Serve as a literacy tutor to young kids or ESL adults
· Keep buying books – don’t settle for free ebooks
· Form a book group or join one
· Attend author signing and speaking events
· Donate more books to schools, libraries, and chairties.
· Discuss books with others. Don’t ask your friends if they saw the latest movie. Ask what they’re reading.
· Read to your kids and then discuss what was read. Learning becomes fun this way.
· Reproduce your favorite book covers, frame them – and hang them on your walls
Link to full post: http://bookmarketingbuzzblog.blogspot.com/2014/11/happy-thanksgiving-day-books.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Bookmarketingbuzzblog+%28BookMarketingBuzzBlog%29
Brian Feinblum can be found:
on Twitter @theprexpert
via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
His post is copyrighted by BookMarketingBuzzBlog ©2014
Thanks for sharing, Sally. I’m going to check the original
LikeLiked by 1 person