#DoYou10Q? Rosh Hashona through Yom Kippur, September 25 – October 4, 2022,+
(#Jewish New Year/ High Holidays),
Read, Respond, Review, Forecast
You don’t have to be Jewish or celebrate the #Jewish High Holy Days (Rosh Hashona, Jewish New Year, and Yom Kippur, the “Day of Atonement”) to want to spend some time considering your life and your goals/ accomplishments each year. I was raised Jewish, but I am a practicing #Buddhist.
In the last 12 months, I have a lot to be grateful forand take none of this for granted:
—my close loved ones and I have made it alive through another year of COVID (although several did get the virus, none was severely ill);
—I have not only survived but thrived after two minor (cataracts) and one major (gall bladder removal) surgeries;
—My mom celebrated her 90th birthday with vaccinated friends and family and I marked my 68th with no fanfare (my choice);
—I helped plan for, then skipped my high school class’ 50th Reunion due to COVID concerns and my recent surgery and did not miss it at all;
—My mom and I watch(ed) all the USA’s Congressional January 6 subcommittee’s hearings and results and pay attention to all indictments, subpoenas, charges, convictions and sentencing as they accumulate for these GOP traitors and crooks; looking forward to more;
—I have learned that, if all goes well, I will become a grandmother some time next spring!
Again this year, the group running this event (http://www.rebooters.net/) has offered 10 important reflective and predictive questions.
It’s free! http://doyou10Q.com and #DoYou10Q are the connection points.
You can respond to all 10 Questions from September 25 through October 4 (and a day or so afterwards), online, and have them put into the “vault” for yourself for next year’s reflections.
10Q: “Reflect. React. Renew. Life’s Biggest Questions. Answered By You.”
The title and all the info, below, come from the 10Q site. Visit! Sign up! Do it!
“Answer one question per day [or more than one per day, if you have some to catch up on] in your own secret online 10Q space. Make your answers serious. Silly. Salacious. However you like. It’s your 10Q. When you’re finished, hit the magic button and your answers get sent to the secure online 10Q vault for safekeeping.
“One year later [September 24, 2022, this year], the ‘vault’ will open and your answers will land back in your email inbox for private reflection. [The Hebrew calendar has 13 months, so you can’t go by the Western calendar’s “year.” If you sign up, the site will send you a reminder and an “opening the vault” day email.]
“Want to keep them secret? Perfect. Want to share them, either anonymously or with attribution, with the wider 10Q community? You can do that, too.
“Next year, the whole process begins again. And the year after that, and the year after that.”
Click here to get your 10Q on.
How do you want to 10Q? It’s up to you!
Here are two of my 2021 questions and responses, from the Vault:
- Describe a significant experience that has happened in the past year. How did it affect you? Are you grateful? Relieved? Resentful? Inspired?
This year, the 2nd year of the COVID pandemic, despite Biden’s “win,” I discovered that all of my misanthropic tendencies were completely justified. There seems to be no limit to how selfish, ignorant, stupid, moronic, greedy, short-sighted, cowardly, criminally dangerous and mean most people are. I am now sadly resigned to the incontrovertible fact that humans are a failed experiment.
11. What are your predictions for the coming year?
1) We will get over COVID as a crisis and begin to live with it as if it were like a bad flu
2) Wearing masks in public and washing hands will become habits we need to keep forever
3) Climate change will continue to ruin lives, property and the planet, with coastal and flood plain inhabitants being forced to relocate permanently and forest fires driving many people to drought-free places NOT near a coasts or flood plains
4) Democrats will continue to be too weak to govern well, but voters will keep putting them in power so that we don’t all die
5) Donald Trump, his oldest 3 children and their spouses, all of his close associates, employees and high-ranking former government workers complicit in treason, lying, graft and theft will be indicted, found guilty and imprisoned, including Barr, Pompeo, many current and former members of the Senate and House and Justices Thomas and Kavanaugh
6) “Ding-Dong the Witch is Dead” will ring out everywhere when the last one goes to prison