For aspiring POD indie authors, some great info, here, about formatting for print.
How to Format Your Book for CreateSpace
I get a lot of formatting questions, so I thought I’d put it all down in one place. If you find it useful, let me know.
Note: I use Word 2010. Your version of Word might look a bit different, but it should be similar enough for you to figure out.
And now, without further ado, here is how I format a book for CreateSpace.
Ready, Set, Go
- Open your Word .doc
- Set the margins. Go to PAGE LAYOUT –> MARGINS –> CUSTOM MARGINS.
- Under the Margin Tab, make the top 1″, the bottom 1″, the inside .9″, and the outside .6″.
- Orientation should be Portrait.
- Multiple Pages should be changed to Mirror Margins. That’s it for the Margin Tab. Don’t close the box yet.
- Then under the Paper Tab, change the Paper Size to the size of the book you are planning to publish…
View original post 1,088 more words
You must be logged in to post a comment.