Fantastic documentaries list, with links, categorized into about 30 somewhat not-overlapping groups! Thanks for curating this list!
“…the act of writing itself leads to strong physical and mental health benefits, like long-term improvements in mood, stress levels and depressive symptoms. Just 15 to 20 minutes of writing three to five times over the course of the four-month study was enough to make a difference.” http://nicholasrossis.me/2014/10/19/writing-makes-you-healthy/
We authors may be creative cheats, but is there any good news about our profession? Actually, yes! According to research cited by Arts.Mic, the benefits of writing go far beyond building up your vocabulary.
In fact, the act of writing itself leads to strong physical and mental health benefits, like long-term improvements in mood, stress levels and depressive symptoms. Just 15 to 20 minutes of writing three to five times over the course of the four-month study was enough to make a difference.
By writing about traumatic, stressful or emotional events, participants were significantly more likely to have fewer illnesses and be less affected by trauma. Participants ultimately spent less time in the hospital, enjoyed lower blood pressure and had better liver functionality than their counterparts.
Even physical wounds heal faster. In 2013, New Zealand researchers conducted an experiment on…
View original post 252 more words
Come one, come all! Interrogate…. I mean converse with us LIVE or listen later!
The event goes from 10-11 EST and you can click on the banner to go to the site!
For fun, here are some tips I’ve received:
- Don’t pick your nose.
- Don’t pass out.
- Remember to wear a shirt.
- Remember your name.
- Check what will be behind you on the video.
- Disconnect the phones and mute cellphone.
- Pray that the son does not get sick.
- Put up ‘Doorbell Broken’ sign.
- Go to bathroom before interview.
- Get a haircut, ya hippie!
- Shave and wash your face.
- Lose some weight . . . not sure how I’m supposed to accomplish this.
- Get a tan . . . I know I’m kind of pale, but I’m not going Oompa Loompa here.
- Try not to stutter or make the audience think your webcam froze.
- Pay your Internet bill.
View original post 27 more words