For aspiring POD indie authors, some great info, here, about formatting for print.
How to Format Your Book for CreateSpace
I get a lot of formatting questions, so I thought I’d put it all down in one place. If you find it useful, let me know.
Note: I use Word 2010. Your version of Word might look a bit different, but it should be similar enough for you to figure out.
And now, without further ado, here is how I format a book for CreateSpace.
Ready, Set, Go
- Open your Word .doc
- Set the margins. Go to PAGE LAYOUT –> MARGINS –> CUSTOM MARGINS.
- Under the Margin Tab, make the top 1″, the bottom 1″, the inside .9″, and the outside .6″.
- Orientation should be Portrait.
- Multiple Pages should be changed to Mirror Margins. That’s it for the Margin Tab. Don’t close the box yet.
- Then under the Paper Tab, change the Paper Size to the size of the book you are planning to publish…
View original post 1,088 more words